Our researcher spoke with users and discovered that the current account page was difficult to navigate since features were shown without context. There isn't enough proximity, contrast, or personalisation. Users are likewise concerned about the security of their accounts, yet the majority of them do not take advantage of our security features.
The intentions of this redesign are to make it easier for users to access and navigate through existing features, make user increase the security of their account, and also make them more invested in our app. Our big idea is to make the page as personal as possible for each user, like how it should be. We tested our new design to the people, and they like our new approach!
This project is not yet fully developed, but we hope that after its release we can increase the number of verified users, reduce account-related CS cases, and increase awareness of the loyalty program that we have.
tiket.com is an Online Travel Agent from Indonesia. It is the go-to online market place for product and services that covers flight, hotel, car rental, event and attractions, train, and airport transfer bookings.
Currently we already have an account page where the user can manage all their personal data there. When talking about account page of an OTA, what pops first on your mind? Profile? Settings? Help Center? Passenger’s Data? That’s all correct! But..
From the research, we have found a number of user pain points which we have categorized into 2 problem categories, those are Navigation and Feature problem.
1. We do have a bunch of features. Yet, we’re presenting them without context.
So we have 3 navigation problems:
- Lack of proximity between similar functions.
- Lack of contrast for highlighted features.
- Lack of personalization, too many generic sections.
2. Many users still have problems related to features in the account menu.
- From the CS cases, most users find it difficult to change email and mobile numbers. But now technically we can't allow users to change their email, and for mobile number now technically user can only change theirs by contacting CS. But, many users didn’t know that they have to go to CS to change their number.
- Some users also find it difficult to access their profile and traveller data.
- Users are confused about how to save their cards so they can pay easily.
Besides that, there are several concerns that are felt by users, but they are confused about how to convey and resolve their concerns related to their account.
1. Security Optimization
From the user interview, we found that users are very concerned with the threat of data breaches in applications. Account menu can actually be a place to make users feel safe. Unfortunately, majority of users have not utilized our existing security features.
Highlights from the data:
- 95% of users who logged in in the last 6 months have not activated the trusted device feature or PIN at all.
- 18% in the same population, still haven't verified either their cellphone number or their email at all.
2. Increase Esteem
There is one more thing that motivates users to go into their account, is to check on their achievement. Achievements can be the investment value for user to return to using tiket.com.
After a bunch of explorations and iterations, finally we came up with this design proposal.
1. Visually made fresher and more personal.
We want to make user to feel welcome and cheerful when opening this page.
2. The account page and the data will appear different for each user, so it feels more personalized.
In the account menu 4.0 design, it uses a more vibrant color combination than the previous account menu. Based on the UT, this makes the user's first impression more cheerful and warm, making the 4.0 account menu display more attractive than the previous version.
3. Clearer grouping and proximity between functions, and easier trip planning for users.
- We group similar features and made it closer to each other. Users can now navigate the account menu easier because features rename and group restructures.
Based on UT, users can now navigate the account menu easier because features rename and group restructures.
- We show their money balance directly so user can very easily find out the balance of the paylater or e-wallet, this can make it easier for them to do budgeting during the trip planning phase.
According to UT, this is very helpful and user like it.
"...bisa tau di awal saldonya berapa. Jadinya aku gampang untuk budgetingnya, sama kalo harus top up OVO, butuh top up berapa tanpa harus buka app OVOnya." - Andika
(translated) "...can know balance directly. So, it's easy for me to budget, the same if I have to top up OVO (e-wallet), how much do I need to top up without to open the OVO app." - Andika
"...kaya kartu debit dan kredit udah langsung kelihatan gitu. Terus tampilannya lebih colorful, lebih suka gara-gara ada ijo-ijonya ini (header)..." - Sonia
(translated) "...I can see the debit and credit cards directly, The appearance also more colorful, I like it more because of the green thingy (header)..." - Sonia
7. User can personalize their header image according to their preference.
8. Some other screens
1. Smartprofile redesigned so it become easier for user to understand the features.
2. Now user can see their vaccination status in their profile.
142,809x used by users in 2 weeks after release.
3. We give security checkup banner for user to know their account security.
4. Settings page made cleaner and more organized, made easier for user to find what they’re looking for.
5. The security check-up section can help users become more aware of their account's security
The project is currently under gradual development and will likely be available on the tiket.com app in the next few months. I will provide an update on the results later here.